Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chandler's Birthday & Dunmore Caves

Every one of our days begins and ends with Chandler and Scott wrestling. I don't really like to wrestle....Growing up, my sister and I didn't ever play fight- If we fought it was for real. Until I was 20 or so...then she took me down for real. In front of Scott. Very embarrassing. We talk things out now.

We visited Dunmore caves. Having grown up in NM, I can't help but measure every cave by the golden standards of Carlsbad Caverns.
Dunmore has a more gruesome history. In 928 a viking massacre occurred in the cave. In 1973, bones of 44 people were found. In 1996, even more human bones were found. In the year 2000, a guide found a virtual treasure chest with coins dating back to the massacre. The exhibition lights are causing the green stuff that is growing.

Many steps going into the deep deep cave.



Chan and I at the cave opening.



See the startled look on Chan's face? I'll bet this is when the told him about the human bones.


I think that this formation was the buffalo.





It was my baby's 13 birthday today. We had a fabulous time celebrating.
It is hard not to get all emotional mushy here- but he sure is the bestest son.


And we are feeling love and the blessings.


No comments: