Facts as I see them:
1. If you can't remember a word that you want to use...it is perfectly appropriate to make one up. People will know what you " mean."
2. I feel that Bush made this practice acceptable.
3. I do it often- my friends and family will attest to this. It is only embarrassing when your BFF calls you on it and laughs uncontrollably. Like when I said "Tresemen" instead of "TresSemme." My husband likes the " bandoozled" for "banboozled." or "Bamboozled"-( as J. as brought to my attention.)
4. My favorite made-up word comes from Scott's grandmother. Scott's Mom was dressed for a night out & his Meme says, " Look at you....all Dyked out!!"
4. There are many words that are considered "American" - I know this, because people look at me oddly when I use the words. With the help of friends and family- I am compiling a list-
a. Pop- Soda Pop
b. Soda- Carbonated Beverage
b. Stove- (Stove is "cooker" here)
c. Cap- Baseball cap
d. Hater- Mean person
f. Antsy- Restless
g. Oh Snap-Surprise, misfortune or insult
h. Popo- The PO-lice
i. Ho- Prostitute-like
J. Roll- "affirmative predisposition"
Send me your "American" words- Made up or real!