Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trippin the Sixties- Barry McGuire & John York

Now that I am in a new culture, I learn new social rules and customs. Almost on an hourly basis.
Last night, we saw B.M and J. Y. perform in their Trippin the Sixties tour. We had a fantastic time. Have to say- it made me homesick.

Back to the rules- The performance was in an old theater- People had bottled drinks, but there was no bar. So, I thought it was BYOB-

I mean, this is a 60's performance. It never occurred to me that it was a " dry" performance. Never occurred to me that the others were drinking water, juices, cokes, etc.

So, I sent Scott to the grocery store across the street and he loaded up on the alcoholic beverages.

Basically, the rule I learned is that if there is no bar at the facility, that means that there is no drinking.
And that if you do drink alcoholic beverages, a polite man will approach you with a garbage bag.

And that you will have to hand over all beverages. And that this will be in front of many audience members. And you will know some of these audience members.



2 comments:

irrationalities of the andie bean said...

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

halfbreedwoman said...

Nobody give me no break, the garda give me no break, no theater usher given no break.